HomeAbout UsProducts and ServicesHours & LocationsContact UsHours & LocationsOnline Banking
About Us

          In 1908, W.H. Dill had the vision to establish a financial institution in the Okemah community. Citizens State Bank received a charter to begin operations in Okemah in February of 1908. The bank was first located in the Ryals-Galloway building at the northwest corner of 3rd and Broadway in Okemah. The same building also housed a drugstore, barber shop, and the post office. In January of 1913, W.H. Dill resigned as president, and Alva J. Niles, director, was elected as the new president.

         Niles remained director and president until his verbal resignation in March of 1914. At that time, A.B.S. Bontty was elected to serve as president. Bontty served as president until October of 1928, when W.N. Barry was elected and served for 40 years. Lois Barry Price assumed the position after the death of W.N. Barry.

         In 1948, the bank moved to the southeast corner of 4th and Broadway. That location was the home to Johnson Service Station, and then became Cochran Motor Company. After a devastating fire, the Cochran Motor Company was purchased by Bill Slepka, who then renovated and leased the property to the bank.

         In November of 1968, the Kellys’, a family of bankers from Bristow, OK, acquired controlling interest in Citizens State Bank. At that same time, Tracy Kelly was appointed as president of the bank. Tracy Kelly served until January of 1970, when Allison Kelly was chosen for the position.

         On August 15, 1995, the bank purchased the site at the southeast corner of 4th and Broadway from Mr. Slepka. The bank also began to expand in 1995, with the acquisition of a branch of Central Oklahoma Bank located in Paden. This newly acquired branch allowed Citizens State Bank to serve even more residents of the Okfuskee County area.

         After 35 years of service as bank president, Allison Kelly stepped down in January of 2005. At that time, John Hays, who had been with the bank since June of 1992, was chosen to fill the position.

         In October of 2009, the main office in Okemah moved to a new location on the northwest corner of 4th and Broadway. At the same time the bank moved to its current location, an expansion of more products and services began to surface. With a history of over 100 years, Citizens State Bank has proven to be a stable, customer focused financial institution that continues to thrive and grow today.